Headaches and Chiropractic Care
Are you tired of using medication to help with headaches or just tired of getting headaches when others don’t?
The great news is that headaches are one of the most common things that people see a Chiropractor for. The better news is that we aim to find the cause of your headache and solve that rather than dealing with the effects. Chronic headaches can lead to you developing other health issues and may even impact on brain size and function.
Some of the common causes of headaches that we see include:
- Computer and postural changes at work
- Mental stresses
- Motor vehicle accidents and traumas
- Neck muscle imbalance and tension
- Jaw problems and dental issues
According to a study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics titled ‘Evidence-based guidelines for the chiropractic treatment of adults with headache,’ there is evidence to show us that chiropractic care improves migraine and cervicogenic headaches.
To quote the study conclusion “evidence suggests that chiropractic care, including spinal manipulation, improves migraine and cervicogenic headaches.”
Get in Touch Today
143 Sydney Rd, Fairlight NSW 2094
Please feel free to contact us today. We look forward to discussing your health needs and how you may benefit from chiropractic care.
Phone: 02 9949 3800
- Evidence-based guidelines for the chiropractic treatment of adults with headache. Bryans R., Descarreaux M., Duranleau M., Marcoux H., Potter B., Ruegg R., Shaw L., (…), White E. (2011) Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 34 (5) , pp. 274-289. http://www.jmptonline.org/article/S0161-4754%2811%2900068-6/abstract