What are Biohacks?
Everyone is looking for the best, fastest and easiest way to do things, right?
Well, biohacking is the latest buzz word for improving your biological health and wellbeing. It looks at physical, chemical and emotional factors which can be seriously improved by simple little steps. In a nutshell, it’s the shortcut to boosting your health. It’s opening the little loopholes in your system to create a giant flow of benefit- hence the reference to hacking. When you want to improve your biology you can use biohacks.
The “Bulletproof” people have created a whole movement around this starting with their bulletproof coffee concept. Below you’ll find a list from them of 15 of their top biohacks that you can consider. I’ve tweaked a couple to make more sense.
- Know your chronotype (Read “The Power of When” by Michael Bruess)
- Practice daily gratitude
- Volunteer with an organization that you are passionate about
- Follow your passion
- Give 3-6 second hugs and really feel a connection with that person
- Ground (walk barefoot on Earth or Sand) and spend time in nature
- Manage your circadian rhythm (That’s your daily body rhythm)
- Replace all toxic cleaning products in your home with non-toxic ones ( See Dr Andrew for some suggestions)
- Drink filtered water
- Practice a ketogenic/low carb diet to balance blood sugars and insulin
- Rebound for 3-5 minutes per day ( Remember those little trampolines?)
- Have a deep breathing and meditation or prayer practice- calm the mind.
- Maintain healthy relationships/communication and have frequent encounters with those who share your core values
- Take time to understand the opposite sex (Read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by Dr. John Gray)
- Remove all GMO (and those sprayed with Roundup) foods from your diet, eventually move towards an organic, whole food Bulletproof diet. (Google the diet)
Last of all, stay tuned for our next blog about Coffee! It may be better for you than you think. I was certainly surprised by the research.
Dr. Andrew Iggo is in private practice in Sydney, Australia. Working from state of the art premises in Fairlight, his focus is on providing not only relief from pain, but correction of function and the provision of wellness care for families and individuals. With a young family of his own comes a natural inclination toward the care of kids and Mums-to-be. A strong sports and dance background also give him a unique perspective on performance enhancement and injury recovery. We are sure you’ll be in great hands.